Thursday 29 March 2012

Questions and Answers

 1) Describe what software you used and why you chose it.
The computer software I used to complete my animation was Inkscape and Movie Maker. I used Movie Maker because it allowed to make frames per second. I used Inkscape because it creats victor images which allows you to move different parts of an image, without moving the whole image e.g. if I created a image on Inkscape of a person and want to move its hand I can just click on the hand and drag it without his whole body moving with the arm. Then we save frames as bitmap images as we want to save the whole image not just one section. Also when you want to zoom into the picture it doesnt become pixalated,  unlike some programs such as paint, this is again because Inkscape makes victor images and recognises images as shapes and figures and paint is bitmap images and doesnt recognise images.

2) Describe the creation process you followed. 
      1. Open Inkscape and make the background colour a solid colour and fix the size of the canvas to 400 x 400 pixels. 
      2. Draw the characters or objects that you would use to create your animation; draw them on Inkscape. Then fill them and colour them
      3. Export each movement made as a bitmap image. 
      4. Place all bitmap images (frames) in Movie Maker software
      5. Change the duration of the frames to whatever time you want that frame to last for.

3) What image format were you saving your work in during development of the frames?
I was saving my work as the image format, svg.

4) What image format did you save your frames as?
The image format I was saving my frames under was called, png.

5)  What frame rate were you aiming for?
I was aiming for 30 frames persecond as 30 fps is a good rate and 15 fps is what I wasnt aiming for as it is a bad rate.
6) What is the final size of your animation in Mb?
The final size of my animation is 1.19 Mb.
7)  What difficulties did you encounter and how did you overcome them?
During th process of making my animation I didnt overcome any problems or difficulties. I had enough time to create my animation, the program never played up on me or randomly shutdown. Inever had trouble saving my work or finding my files, I was up to date with everything and constantly saved my work, infact I did a little extra with my animation and added sounf affects. I really enjoyed making my animation and my final product runs smoothly and im very proud of what I have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment